Always wanted to cycle the Otago Rail Trail but could never find the time with friends?
Join us on this tour and experience the trail with like-minded cycling and golfing enthusiasts. Discover old historic gold-mining villages, country pubs, rugged scenery and find out what “Southern Hospitality” is all about.
Then finish the tour by playing some of New Zealand’s most scenic golf courses.
Download a brochure
- 5 days/4 nights Otago Rail Trail Tour
- Bike hire, including helmet, puncture repair kit and pump, odometer and water bottle holder
- Transport to and from the Otago Rail Trail
- Golf club storage whilst on the Otago Rail Trail
- 4 rounds of golf on some NZ’s most scenic golf courses
- 4 nights ensuite accommodation on the Rail Trail, 7 nights 4 star accommodation in Queenstown
- Breakfasts daily
- Transfers to & from golf courses
- Group Dinner
- Hosted Small Group tour
- Free upgrade to E-bikes when you register by 31 March
Rail Trail & Golf: $3,995pp Twin Share; Single Supplement: $1,095. Non-Golfer: $3,195pp Twin Share
Golf Only: $2,495pp Twin Share; Single Supplement $1,095. Non-Golfer: $1,695pp Twin Share
All prices are in NZ dollars and include GST. Other accommodation options available.
How to book
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- All standards of golf are catered for, but players should have an official NZGA handicap, or Australian equivalent.
- Players are to provide their own golf clubs. It is most important that all golf gear (including shoes) must be thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving both New Zealand & Australia as it is highly likely that they will be inspected by both Australian and New Zealand Customs/Biosecurity. Dirty clubs or shoes may incur heavy penalties.
- Motorised carts will be supplied where specified, with pull buggies provided at the rest (those players requiring motorised carts on all courses should indicate on the booking form). Upgrades from pull buggies to motorised carts will incur additional charges on each course.
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.