Taupo- the heart of New Zealand's North Island
In the centre of the North Island, Lake Taupo dominates the landscape. Based at one end of the lake lies the tourist mecca of Taupo, where we will be based for our 6 night golf getaway in this lovely part of New Zealand. We play two marquee courses on this Getaway – Kinloch and Wairakei, both stunning for different reasons. There is plenty for the non-golfers too, with numerous activities and places to visit. And whilst you are in this part of the world, renowned for the trout fishing, why not add on three nights at one of NZ’s premium fishing lodges in Turangi, with two days of expert tuition in the art of Fly Fishing? (see our brochure for more details on this experience)
Download a brochure
- 4 rounds of golf including the marquee courses of Kinloch and Wairakei
- 6 nights 4 star accomodation in Taupo, with breakfasts each day
- Electric carts at all courses
- Group Dinner
- Free day to visit local attractions including the Thermal Hot Springs, Huka Falls or water activities on the lake
- Hosted Small Group tour
- Option to add on a 3 night Fly Fishing Experience in Turangi (not hosted)
Twin Share: $2,295pp; Single supplement: $795; Non-golfer: $1,695pp twin share
Add-on Luxury Fly Fishing Experience: Twin Share $2,595pp; Own Room/Guide: $5,195
How to book
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- All standards of golf are catered for, but players should have an official NZGA handicap, or Australian equivalent.
- Players are to provide their own golf clubs. It is most important that all golf gear (including shoes) must be thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving both New Zealand & Australia as it is highly likely that they will be inspected by both Australian and New Zealand Customs/Biosecurity. Dirty clubs or shoes may incur heavy penalties.
- Motorised carts will be supplied where specified, with pull buggies provided at the rest (those players requiring motorised carts on all courses should indicate on the booking form). Upgrades from pull buggies to motorised carts will incur additional charges on each course.
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.