RELAX AND SOAK UP SOME SUNSHINE
There’s plenty of reasons to visit Cairns & Great Barrier Reef – balmy weather, crystal clear reef visibility plus plenty of golf!
Tropical North Queensland might be home to beautiful blue waters and luxury islands, but if you’re a golfer, it will be the greens that you remember. The championship course at Mirage Country Club in Port Douglas – designed by renowned golfer Peter Thomson and a favourite of US President Bill Clinton – is one of the world’s leading resort courses. The Great Barrier Reef, an UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest Coral Reef in the world, is a ‘must-see’ experience, and why not visit the ancient Rainforests and see if you can catch a view of a Cassowary – they belong to a group of birds called Ratities, which are recognised as the most ancient and relict of all birds on the planet. And of course the golf is good too – the top courses in the area being the Mirage and Sea Reef and we play the Sea Reef twice! come & join us on this two centre holiday, staying 7 nights in Cairns and Port Douglas.
Download a brochure
- Return International airfares
- All transfers
- 7 nights apartment accommodation in Cairns, 7 nights in Port Douglas with breakfasts each day.
- 7 rounds of golf with carts
- Skyrail Gondola & Kuranda Scenic Rail Day Trip
- Fun Golf competition
- Group Dinner
- Time for shopping and sight-seeing
- Non-Golfers welcome
- Options to visit the Great Barrier Reef
How to book
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- All standards of golf are catered for, but players should have an official NZGA handicap, or Australian equivalent.
- Players are to provide their own golf clubs. It is most important that all golf gear (including shoes) must be thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving both New Zealand & Australia as it is highly likely that they will be inspected by both Australian and New Zealand Customs/Biosecurity. Dirty clubs or shoes may incur heavy penalties.
- Motorised carts will be supplied where specified, with pull buggies provided at the rest (those players requiring motorised carts on all courses should indicate on the booking form). Upgrades from pull buggies to motorised carts will incur additional charges on each course.
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.