TASMANIA IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL - WILD & RAW!
The world is now discovering that this island is truly one of the most engaging and authentic places in the world. The contrasts of the landscape are enthralling – mountain ranges, wild rivers, glaciated peaks and pristine beaches.
And then there are the golf courses. Barnbougle hosts two truly links style golf courses that are ranked in the top 25 in the world, and you can play on them! We will spend 7 nights in Hobart, where besides the 3 rounds of golf, we will visit the Port Arthur Penal Colony. There will also be opportunity to visit the Museum of New & Old Art (MONA), a very impressive museum which will sure to be an experience. Then we move up to Launceston for another 7 nights and its from here that we play both the Lost Farm and The Dunes links courses at Barnbougle. There is plenty to do and enjoy on the island, with the food and wine industry well established, including a burgeoning whisky & cider industry. There is even an opportunity to extend your trip to visit King Island and play its world renowned courses as well. With the introduction of direct flights to Hobart with air New Zealand, we have moved our dates by a day to allow us to utilise these flights to avoid travelling via Sydney or Melbourne. of course, if you wish to stop off in mainland australia, we can arrange your flights accordingly.
We have put together some Travel Guidelines to give you confidence, understanding and peace of mind when traveling to Australia during these covid times.
Download a brochure
- Return International airfares
- All transfers
- 14 nights self catering accommodation in 4 star apartments
- 7 rounds of golf at great courses
- Play the Barnbougle courses, ranked in the world top 25
- Full day Port Arthur Tour
- Fun Golf competition
- Happy hours after golf
- Time for shopping, sight-seeing & a visit to MONA.
Golf courses to play
$5,495pp Quad Share
Single supplement from $1,995
$5,795pp Twin Share
Non-golfer from $4,795pp Quad share
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST if applicable. Prices may vary due to movements in exchange rates or airline charges.
How to book
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- All standards of golf are catered for, but players should have an official NZGA handicap, or Australian equivalent.
- Players are to provide their own golf clubs. It is most important that all golf gear (including shoes) must be thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving both New Zealand & Australia as it is highly likely that they will be inspected by both Australian and New Zealand Customs/Biosecurity. Dirty clubs or shoes may incur heavy penalties.
- Motorised carts will be supplied where specified, with pull buggies provided at the rest (those players requiring motorised carts on all courses should indicate on the booking form). Upgrades from pull buggies to motorised carts will incur additional charges on each course.
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.